Site Search

Social Bookmarks

FacebookMySpaceTwitterDiggDeliciousStumbleuponGoogle BookmarksRedditNewsvineTechnoratiLinkedinMixxRSS FeedPinterest

Local Weather

Click for Geneva, Nebraska Forecast


Nov. 15 Reporting Deadlines

Fillmore County USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) Executive Director Ryne Norton announced recently that producers who file accurate and timely acreage reports for all crops and land uses, including pastures, can prevent the potential loss of FSA program benefits.
“In order to comply with FSA program eligibility requirements, all producers are encouraged to visit the Fillmore County FSA office to file an accurate crop certification report by the applicable deadline,” Norton said.
The next acreage reporting deadline for Fillmore County producers is November 15, for coverage in 2018 for fall-seeded crops and perennial forage crops such as pastures.
The following exceptions apply to the above acreage reporting date:
• If the crop has not been planted by the above acreage reporting date, then the acreage must be reported no later than 15 calendar days after planting is completed.
• If a producer acquires additional acreage after the above acreage reporting date, then the acreage must be reported no later than 30 calendar days after purchase or acquiring the lease. Appropriate documentation must be provided to the county office.
• If a perennial forage crop is reported with the intended use of “cover only,” “green manure,” “left standing,” or “seed,” then the acreage must be reported by July 15.
According to Norton, Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) policy holders should note the acreage reporting date for NAP covered crops is the earlier of the date listed above or 15 calendar days before grazing or harvesting of the crop begins.
“Filing acreage certifications now, by the deadline, establishes producer eligibility for a variety of FSA risk management programs, and it positions our office to expedite service to our producers next year, should a disaster occur,” said Norton.
For questions regarding crop certification and crop loss reports, please contact the Fillmore County FSA office at 402-759-4463.